About this policy
- This policy only applies to this Site, and not to any RO Group company websites or other websites that may be linked to this Site. This policy explains what personal information is collected by RO Site, how it is used, disclosed and protected and how you can exercise choices in respect of your information.
- RO may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2018.
About the information we collect
- Data regarding the use of this Site, such as the number of hits per page, is captured automatically. This may include information about the type of device you use to access the Site and the type of browser you use, details of any website from which you have come to this Site and log information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address (the unique address that identifies your device on the internet). This information enables us to analyse at a broad demographic level, the use of our Site and customer traffic, and is used to develop and improve our Site. However, we do not collect directly identifiable personal information on this site unless you expressly submit personal details for example, to enable us to provide you with information you have requested.
- Where you submit queries or requests for information we may collect personal information such as postal address, email address and telephone number. That information is used by RO to respond to your enquiries and to provide the information that you have requested.
- We may receive information about you from other of our subsidiaries in the RO Group. For example this may happen when an enquiry by you to one of the RO Group companies is referred to us in order to ensure an appropriate response to your enquiry.
- You are under no obligation to provide any of the above information. However if you should choose to withhold requested information we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
About the use of collected personal information
- We will contact you in order to respond to your queries or comments.
- We may contact you about changes to our service.
- From time to time we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email, post or telephone.
- We may aggregate visitor information to customise the Site according to visitor interests,
- Where requested and with your consent, we may periodically send marketing communications about new products, special offers or other information about RO or about the related services of other of our RO Group companies which we think you may find interesting, using the email or postal address or telephone number you have provided.
- Where you have consented, we may pass your information to other companies in the RO Group, who may communicate information about their products or services.
- You can indicate your preferences regarding receiving marketing information regarding our products and services or those related products and services of RO Group companies at the point of collection or, where you do not wish further use of your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any promotional communications we send to you. You can also exercise this right at any time by using the contact details at the end of this policy.
About the information that is shared
- We may share personal information submitted by you with companies working on behalf of RO. Our agents and contractors will only use your information, to the extent necessary to provide their support functions and subject to appropriate safeguards.
- RO reserves the right to disclose information relating to individuals in order to comply with applicable law, and legitimate government or other regulatory requests or if we believe that such an action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site, its visitors and users rights, property or personal safety.
- As mentioned above, we may, with your consent, may pass your information to other companies in the RO Group who may communicate information about their products or services.
- In the event that we undergo a reorganisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
Data storage and Security
- All data is stored securely and security measures and procedures are in place relating to the storage and disclosure of information to prevent unauthorised access.
- Information that you submit via the Site is stored on secure servers in [the United Kingdom] and may also be transferred to other countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example this may happen if one or more of our service providers are located outside the EEA. If we transfer your information in this way we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Google Analytics
We use Canddi analytics and monitoring software on our Site. To learn more about the cookies used by Canddi see https://support.canddi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200269286-What-cookies-does-CANDDi-store-
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable where permitted and not exceeding the prescribed fee allowed by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information or seek the erasure of your information in certain circumstances. As mentioned above you have a right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or requests regarding your personal information please write to, Graham House, 7 Wyllyotts Place, Potters Bar EN6 2JD or email [email protected].